How to Buy a Car Online? >>
So you’ve decided you want to buy a particular car. So you need some advice on finding steps to ensure you get a good deal. So do your homework before you decide you are going to spend your hard earned dollars on a car you have your heart set on..
Plenty of research is key: Read road tests, talk to knowledgeable friends and do a bit of research on make/models you are interested in and see what you can find. Don’t worry too much if you find a few negative comments on an enthusiasts’ website.. but make up an entire view of what you want from the advice of others.
You’ve contacted the seller and arranged a visit: Make the following check list.
• How long has the owner had the car?
• How many owners has the car had?
• Is there any outstanding finance agreement on the car?
• How many Kilometers has it clocked up?
• Is there damage to the car?
• Servicing & accident history?
• Ensure you get a second set of keys with the buy.
• Does the condition of the car match the kms done?
• Check for rust and oil and water leaks.
• Check the clutch system if its manual, a replacement clutch is expensive.
• Has the timing belt been changed in the cars lifetime?
• Take out the dipstick. Oil level should be between max and min and oil golden colour not dark brown.
The Pitfalls To Watch Out For?>>
Check the build date: note this is different to a car's compliance date, check this before you sign the contract.
Inspects car for dents and scratches: be sure to check under near the bonnet to see if engine and rubber connections are in good order.
Always do your research: research a cars price and have a price in mind.
Never buy a car without seeing or inspecting: That’s just asking for trouble.
Complete a REVS check: There could be finance owning on the car you should check this before making any sort of automobile purchase.
Complete a accident history check : This is particularly true for new commers , the last thing you want to do is make a big purchase on a car that's had a bad history.
Place an Ad and promote it on CarsDaily now >>